Wednesday 3 May 2017

Is it FAST or NUCES

When I was seeking admission in NUCES at Lahore campus, I was very confused regarding the abbreviations of FAST and NUCES. The question sequentially knocked the invisible doors of my head.I tried my best to ignore this question but it still occupied some corner of my mind.

It was the day of welcome ceremony for new comers when the question rose again. The welcome board hanging on the front door of Computer Science (CS) department answered my question. It was stated on reflecting steel board with bold golden words that “National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (NUCES), a project of Foundation for Advancement of Science and Technology (FAST)”.Under it there was a transparent glass plate. It was stated on it that “The Foundation for Advancement of Science and Technology (FAST) was founded and established by BCCI financier Hasan Abidi that provided a large financial capital for university's purpose to promote research in computer sciences and emerging technologies in 1980. FAST later established National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences in 2000.”

By: Muhammad Usman

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Stretch at FAST

It only seems yesterday when you wake up, pack up your bag and come to university for your first day of the semester. First forward twelve ...